Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Ode to inanimate objects

Earlier this evening I was browsing in my room and went to the window to take a look at the building architecture outside my window, as I'll be using it for an art project for my portfolio, and to my delight I spotted my brother on the balcony playing the guitar. Since the windows were closed and I had nothing better to do I decided I was going to, being the mature lady that I am, throw objects at him until I scared him and/or called his attention, so I quickly scatter my room for a useless object that I wouldn't miss if it flew out the window. I know my room is full of them.. everyday as I'm raking through my drawers I throw up piles of useless objects that I think.. where did it come from, what is it for, and why is it here? Everybody has it, right? So the first thing I see it a useless old chapstick that is sitting ontop of my TV without a cap, so I figure it's probably dried up and no longer efective. Just to make sure I dabbed it a little and found it to be surpringly moist. I tried using it and was a little carried away by its buttery taste, which was enough to convince me I might have use for it seeing as how we still are in winter. Next, I check inside a pot and clutched against old bracelets, european coins, and extra led for my pencils, I find a what appeared to be an old thermometer burried and forgotten probably somewhere around the beginning of summer. I poked around curiously to see if it still worked, and 7 minutes after thermometer amusement I discovered it is still quite accurate. Fun fact, my belly button is 32ºC. Moving on from my bellybutton, I realized how difficult it was to find something that had absolutley no use. Wall magnets, tiny japanese bells, salmon pink Flamingo figured souvenirs from Sugarland, Texas, old meaningful fortune cookie tags, one rechargable battery, sharpeners, lost earings, I feel like it all will come in handy sooner or later. Oh the mortal attatchment to material is a curious thing. Before that I thought I was pretty passive on this stuff, but I'm only human.

Aside from that, my art porfolio is coming along quite well. I started it this morning and have 5 drawings that I'm pretty proud of although they are not the best. The fact that I finished them all in a day shows thriving will, no? Well, anwyays..
I'll post them later, I need some feedbacks. For now I'm going to finish some sketches, between Yogurt, tea, and avacados, yogurt, tea, avacados.. and some Ice chips. And of course, my trusty, back-from-the-dead mini Ipod.

No comments:

Post a Comment